I came across this picture of a crochet motif cardigan a couple of years ago on a blog and fell in love with the cardigan but I had no idea where the pattern came from so I could not get hold of the actual pattern.
Every now and then I would search for it but without any luck until one day I came across it on Google picture search and this pointed to Ravelry, only to find out it is a Japanese pattern (no problem) but it was in a Japanese book (no problem), I could not seem to purchase anywhere (problem). Having purchased Japanese books many times from this great etsy shop Pomadour24
I messaged them to ask if they could get it and guess what – they could. She has managed to get a couple of books for me previously just by supplying a picture of the front cover.
I duly started my cardigan but knew it would have to be a background task as making that many motifs would be a long hard slog. I had chosen after a lot of deliberation to use Sirdar Heart and sole for the coloured part of the motif as it was quite hard to get co-ordinating colours. I didn’t use the blue colourway. For the joining I used Rowan fine lace doubled (from stash – yaah).
Before I started assembling the cardigan I used wooden skewers to hold each row of motifs in the correct order so I didn’t have to find the next one I just slid it off the skewer
To join all the motifs together I used a Join As You Go method of assembly which is great as you only get a couple of ends instead of two for each motif.
The cardigan is now blocked and is looking good, all I have to do is sew in all the coloured ends (yuk)
I’m so please with this even though its taken a year as a background task